The hydrate research group is active in a number of research areas, including:
- Flow assurance; avoiding hydrate and wax problems in subsea transfer lines
- Design and evaluation of Low Dosage Hydrate Inhibitors (LDHI)
- Storage and transportation of oil and gas using hydrate technology
- Hydrates in CO2 capture and storage
- Gas hydrates in marine sediments
- Positive applications of gas hydrates (e.g., hydrogen storage, fire fighting)
The results of studies to date have been well documented in more than 140 publications.